University Pedagogy, mostly enhanced through the operation of Centers for Teaching and Learning (CTL), is a main pillar for the implementation of the European Higher Education Area.
The aim of the MAGNET project is to establish a consortium of West Balkan Higher Education Institutes (HEIs) to share concerns on University Pedagogy and establish a network that will address the challenges of the shift towards an active, student-centered and interactive teaching and learning culture in the West Balkans HEIs.
MAGNET aims to develop a network for University Pedagogy in the West Balkans States, through know-how transfer from countries that have CTLs under operation to all partner countries. Main objectives of MAGNET include the know-how transfer, the foundation of CTLs within each HEI, the production of educational material for seminars for academic staff and the creation of a sustainable network -the BALKANETUP (Balkan Network for University Pedagogy).
Its results can be summarized in the:
- support for the implementation of modern, innovative, transformative, student-centered instructional strategies in HEI in the West Balkans
- establishment of CTLs in HEIs
- formation of the BALKANETUP via the integration of knowledge, good practices, shared experience for the academic educational processes
- development of MOOCs and training courses based on the Needs Analysis and an intensive literature review, in the form of pilot, field-focused, modules/courses with assigned ECTS that will be launched face-to-face or via eLearning (synchronous and/or asynchronous) methods.
- launching of an e-Net to support BALKANETUP
- upgrading of teaching and learning methods that lead to better students’ outcomes
- New trends, methods, tools suitable for student-centered in higher education
- The lifelong and continuous faculty development process
- The learning community culture
- The establishment of an HE Pedagogy Network
- Online communication